Personal Data Protection Policy
Your personal data is important to Amalfi Resort Busselton
Your personal data is important to us and it is our policy to respect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals. This Policy outlines how we manage the personal data we hold in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Australia).
What types of personal data do we collect?
We may collect and hold personal data of persons/entities including but not limited to:
• job applicants and employees;
• service providers; and
• other people who we may come into contact.
Examples of such personal data include biodata, contact details, account information and your preferences, queries, requests and feedback.
How do we collect your personal data?
The ways in which we may collect your personal data include (but are not limited to) collecting directly or indirectly from you or your authorised representatives in the course of:
• you signing up for alerts or newsletters;
• you visiting our Website and Resort;
• you applying for a job with us;
• you participating in our marketing or promotional events;
• you using our products or services;
• you contacting us with your queries, requests or feedback;
• our conducting or completing of transactions;
• our conducting market research or surveys;
• our conducting interviews.
What kind of purposes do we collect your personal data for?
In general, we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
• conducting and completing transactions (e.g. processing orders and payments; providing products or services that have been requested);
• managing your reservation;
• providing customer service (e.g. responding to queries and requests; informing you about service status and product updates; sending you alerts and newsletters);
• conducting market research and improving customer service (e.g. conducting market research or surveys; performing market analysis; managing and enhancing our products and services; developing new products);
• conducting marketing promotions (e.g. sending of alerts, newsletters, marketing materials and invitations from us wholly or through affiliation with third parties; offering promotions and loyalty programs);
• complying with applicable laws, regulations and other requirements (e.g. providing assistance to law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and other governmental agencies; performing internal audits);
• maintaining investor relations (e.g. sending of alerts, newsletters, publications, marketing materials and invitations from us wholly or through affiliation with third parties);
• performing evaluations (e.g. assessing suitability of employees).
How do we use and/or disclose your personal data?
We will only use, disclose and/or transfer your personal data for the purposes you have been notified of and consented to or which are permitted under applicable laws and regulations.
We will not sell, rent or give away personal data to third parties for commercial purposes without your consent.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Depending on the product or service concerned, personal data may be disclosed or transferred to:
• our service providers and specialist advisers/institutions who have been contracted to provide administrative, financial, legal, accounting, information technology, research or other services;
• other insurers, credit providers, courts, tribunals, law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and other governmental agencies as agreed or authorized by law;
• credit reporting or reference agencies or insurance investigators; or
• anyone authorized by an individual, as specified by that individual or the contract.
Where personal data is disclosed or transferred to organizations outside Amalfi Resort Busselton who handle or obtain personal data as service, we require such organizations to acknowledge the confidentiality of such personal data, undertake to respect any individual’s right to privacy and comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Australia) and this Policy and use such personal data only for our purposes and otherwise follow our reasonable directions with respect to this data.
In addition, where personal data is transferred overseas, and we may need to process or deal with your personal data outside Singapore, we will ensure that such transfer is in compliance with this Policy or is permitted under applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations.
How do we manage, protect and store your personal data?
We regard breaches of your privacy very seriously and we have implemented measures to secure and protect your information, such as training our employees who handle your personal data to respect the confidentiality of such personal data and your privacy, storing personal data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records, taking steps to protect the personal data we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
However, you will appreciate that it is not for us to perfectly secure your personal data from cyber-attacks, such as hacking, spyware and viruses. Accordingly, you will not hold us liable for any unauthorized disclosure, loss or destruction of your personal data arising from such risks.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Australia) also requires us not to store personal data longer than necessary. We will cease to retain your personal data when we no longer require such personal data for the purposes we originally notified you of or for any business or legal needs.
How do we keep personal data accurate and up-to-date and how to exercise your right to correct the personal data we hold of you?
We endeavour to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. We realise that such personal data changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. We encourage you to contact us as soon as possible to update any personal data it holds about you. Our contact details are set out below and we may require you to verify your identity before updating the changes provided.
How to exercise your right to access the personal data we hold of you?
To make a request to access the personal data we hold about you, please write in to us. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what data you require. Depending on the circumstance, we may charge a reasonable fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested. If the data sought is extensive, we will advise the likely cost in advance and can help to refine your request if required.
How to exercise your right to withdraw your consent?
The consent that you provide will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. To make a request to withdraw your consent previously given, please contact us in writing. You may also unsubscribe directly from any electronic communications you receive from us.
Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and to be determined on a case by case basis) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same.
How to request deletion of the personal data we hold of you?
If you require your personal data to be deleted, please contact us in writing and we will do our best to remove your personal information from our systems and to apply your decision to any data storage done by our partners, when the partners allow for that.
Depending on the circumstance, we may charge a reasonable fee to cover the cost of verifying the application, locating and actually erasing your data. If the data sought is extensive, we will advise the likely cost in advance and can help to refine your request if required.
What if you have a complaint?
If you consider that any action of Amalfi Resort Busselton or this Policy, you can lodge a formal complaint.
These tracers may be installed on your device depending on the preferences that you expressed or may express at any time in accordance with this policy.
1. WHY HAVE A COOKIES POLICY?
With a view to provide information and ensure transparency, we established this policy so that you can learn more about:
• The origin and purpose of the information processed when you browse our Website
• Your rights with regard to cookies and other tracers used by us
2. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies and other similar tracers are packets of data used by servers to send status information to a user’s browser and return status information to the original server through this same browser.
The status information can be a session identifier, a language, an expiration date, a response field or other types of information.
During their validity period, cookies are used to store status information when a browser accesses various pages of a website or when the browser returns to this website at a later point.
There are different types of cookies:
• Session cookies, which are deleted as soon as you exit the browser or leave the website
• Persistent cookies, which remain on your device until their expiration or until you delete them using the features of your browser
Cookies strictly necessary for browsing our Website and the ability to use all of their features, and intended in particular to:
• Manage authentication of website visitors and the associated security measures, and ensure proper functioning of the authentication module
• Optimize the user experience and facilitate browsing, in particular determining “technical routes” for browsing
• Store information regarding the “cookies” information banner seen by website visitors who then continue to browse the website after agreeing to accept cookies on their device
• Implement security measures (for example, when you are asked to log in again for content or a service after a certain period of time, or to ensure basic operation of our Website and use of their major technical features, such as monitoring of performance and browsing errors, management of user sessions, etc.)
Cookies for features intended in particular to:
• Adapt our Website to the display preferences of your device (language, currency, display resolution, operating system used, configuration and settings of the display of web pages based on the device you are using and its location, etc.)
• Store specific information that you enter on our Website in order to facilitate and customize your subsequent visits (including displaying the visitor’s first and last names if the visitor has a user account)
• Allow you to access your personal pages more quickly by storing the login details or information that you previously entered.
Cookies for visitor tracking are aimed at improving the comfort of users by helping us understand your interactions with our Website (most visited pages, applications used, etc.); these cookies may collect statistics or test different ways of displaying information in order to improve the relevance and usability of our services.
Advertising cookies are intended to (i) offer you, in advertising spaces, relevant, targeted content that may be of interest to you (best offers, other destinations, etc.) based on your interests, browsing behavior, preferences, and other factors, and (ii) reduce the number of times that the advertisements appear.
Affiliate cookies identify the third-party website that redirected a visitor to our Website.
Social network cookies, set by third parties, allow you to share your opinion about and content from our Website on social networks (for example, the “Share” or “Like” application buttons for social networks).
The social network applications on our Website as mentioned above can in some cases allow the social networks concerned to identify you even if you did not click on the application button. This type of button can allow a social network to track your browsing on our Website, simply because your account in the social network concerned is enabled on your device (open session) while you are browsing.
We recommend that you read the policies of these social networks to familiarize yourself with how they use the browsing information they may collect, especially with regard to advertising. These policies must specifically allow you to make choices on these social networks, particularly by configuring your user accounts for each of them.
The installation of certain cookies is subject to your consent. Also, when you first visit our Website, you are asked whether you agree to the installation of this type of cookie, which is only activated after your acceptance.
This process is supported by means of an information banner on the home page of our Website, which informs you that by continuing to browse, you are agreeing to the installation of cookies that require consent on your device.
You can change your mind at any time using the various methods described in section “Deleting and/or blocking cookies”.
5. DELETING AND/OR BLOCKING COOKIES
You have several options for deleting cookies and other tracers.
Although most browsers are set by default to accept cookies, you can, if you desire, choose to accept all cookies, always block cookies, or choose which cookies to accept based on their senders.
You can also set your browser to accept or block cookies on a case-by-case basis before they are installed. Your browser also allows you to regularly delete cookies from your device. Remember to configure all the browsers in your different devices (tablets, smartphones, computers, etc.).
Regarding management of cookies and your preferences, configuration varies for each browser. This is described in the Help menu of your browser, as well as how to edit your preferences with regard to cookies.
Saving a cookie to your device depends on your wishes, which you can exercise and change at any time and free of charge using the settings offered by your browser software.
If your browser is set to accept cookies on your device, the cookies embedded in the pages and content that you view may be temporarily stored in a dedicated space on your device. They can only be read by their issuer.
However, you can set your browser to block cookies. Keep in mind that if you set your browser to block cookies, some features, pages and spaces on our Website will not be accessible, and we cannot be held responsible in this case.
Specialised advertising platforms
Several professional advertising platforms also give you the option to accept or block cookies used by companies that are members. These centralized mechanisms do not block the display of ads; they simply prevent the installation of cookies that tailor ads to your interests.
Updates to this Policy
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. This Policy was last updated on 2nd August 2023. If you are unsure whether you are reading the most current version, please contact us.
Amalfi Resort Busselton
(08) 98754 3311